Monday, August 15, 2011

Technical difficulties...

So AFO has been giving me fits getting on to my xanga blog for over 6 months now. First I couldn't upload pics or comment on my own blog. Well now they are refusing to let me open MY own xanga site! So I have to find somewhere else to blog my ramblings. :)
 
Shane had quite the fall Saturday evening! The 3 oldest were outside "watching" the local car race through Micah's binoculars. [I think all they say were the lights a little closer up.:)] Shane was standing on the back of Dale's truck & was attempting to climb down, when he somehow slipped & free fell to the ground. He hit his head on the trailer on his way down, Dale was on the trailer at the time & felt the vibration of something hitting it! Dale said there was an awful cry from Shane & when he picked him up blood was pouring over his face. He had about a 1" gash across his forehead that was gaping open about 1/4". Believe me the thing looked awful & bled a lot! Once we got the bleeding stopped we decided to try butterflying it together, we had no bandages on hand so dear sister came to the rescue.:) [Marv's went to town for us & got the needed bandages.] We were all very pleased at how well it looked after we got it all pulled together, Cole accidently bumped Shane's head Sunday & it bled again. But other then that it seems to be doing well...:)


Today was another corny day...

The children & I were on our way to Delta to get groceries when Inez called to see if we would be able to help them husk corn in about 1 1/2 hours. I have never seen my children so excited about doing CORN! ;) For some reason helping Inez with hers is so much more fun then doing our own. Actually the day was fun for all of us, the corn was very nice & with Inez's adult children helping we were done in no time. [It's been years since I have experienced doing corn with out being extremely hot!] :)

1 comment: